Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Afraid or Just Paranoid?

This is a very hard topic for me to discuss because I really am not afraid anything.  I'm not scared of dying, public speaking is awesome, and clowns are just stupid.  Rejection is no problem for me, talking to new people is always fun, embarrassment is never a problem.  Sure if you jump out at me in a dark alleyway I'll get scared, that's a given, but anything else really doesn't bother me.

My only problem is when it comes to paranoia.  Being irrationally afraid of something that could only happen in a horror movie.  Like Slender Man.  I was only told about him, about a year ago, and I have been haunted by the fact that he could be anywhere, at anytime, just watching me.  I know that he won't do anything to me, except make me paranoid, it's just the fact that he's there.  Then there's the fear that a deranged cannibal will come into my house and eat me.  All of this has come from years of reading and hearing scary stories, watching scary movies, playing horror games, and just trying to make myself scared.

So is paranoia really something I can count as a fear or just a mental state of mind?  I don't know.  If it is then I guess I have a lot of fears.  If not, then that's the end of the discussion.

3 comments:

  1. Paranoia is dangerous. You should see a professional.

    Kisses!

    A xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, i think everyone experiences some form of paranoia from time to time! I scare myself a lot, at night mostly. Sort of that moment when your trying to sleep and of course you can't help but think of every scary movie you've ever watched! (: Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt you arent afraid of something... I bet you are just hiding it deep down in your little soul.

    ReplyDelete